4?-Methylpropiophenone is a chemical reagent used in electrocarboxylation reactions. 4-methylpropiophenone how much liquid does a human take to get,
This Thermo Scientific Chemicals brand product was originally part of the Alfa Aesar product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Alfa Aesar product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific Chemicals.
4′-Methylpropiophenone is a chemical reagent used in electrocarboxylation reactions.
Soluble in chloroform and hexane.
Store in cool place. Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place. Store away from oxidizing agent.
|Boiling Point||238°C to 239°C|
|Flash Point||108°C (226°F)|
|Solubility Information||Soluble in chloroform and hexane.|
|Chemical Name or Material||4′-Methylpropiophenone|
4-methylpropiophenone Chemical Properties
An organic compound with the chemical formula C10H12O. It is also known as 4M-4MPA, or p-tolyl methyl ketone. The chemical properties include a melting point of 36-38°C and a boiling point of 238-239°C. It is soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol and acetone but insoluble in water.
This compound is commonly used as an intermediate in the synthesis of various pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals. It is also used as a precursor for the production of other chemical substances such as esters, amino acids, and amides. However, it is important to note that itis a controlled substance in some countries due to its potential use in the illicit production of drugs such as amphetamines.
4-methylpropiophenone Physical Properties
Also known as 4-Me-PP, is an organic compound belonging to the class of ketones. It has the chemical formula C10H12O and a molecular weight of 148.2 g/mol. Here are some of its physical properties: –
Appearance: 4-methylpropiophenone is a colorless to pale yellow liquid at room temperature. – Odor: It has a sweet, floral odor that is similar to the smell of jasmine.
– Boiling point: It has a boiling point of approximately 238°C (460°F).
– Density: The density of 4-methylpropiophenone is 1.002 g/ml at 25°C (77°F).
– Solubility: It is soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, methanol, and chloroform, but insoluble in water. Overall, it is a volatile and flammable liquid that should be handled with care. It is commonly used as an intermediate in the synthesis of various organic compounds.
Scientific uses | 4-methylpropiophenone uses,
2-bromo-4-methylpropiophenone uses, is a chemical compound that has a variety of scientific uses, including:
1. As an intermediate in the production of pharmaceutical drugs, including analgesics, stimulants, and sedatives
2. As a reagent and starting material in organic synthesis for the preparation of compounds with various biological activities
3. As a precursor to the production of other chemicals, such as flavors, fragrances, and plastics
4. As a solvent for resin and cellulose esters, adhesives, and coatings
5. As a research chemical for studying the properties and functions of different chemical compounds. It is important to note that the use of 4-methylpropiophenone should be strictly controlled and regulated, as it can be dangerous when handled improperly or used inappropriately.